Volunteers at the U.S. Army Aviation Museum represent the life of the Museum. Since the inception of the Volunteer Program in 1995, our volunteers have:
- Greeted visitors at the door with a smile,
- Provided guided tours of the museum,
- Related personal accounts about when they flew in a certain aircraft,
- Sorted through old pictures and films to record facts of Army Aviation’s history, and
- Assisted in the Museum Gift Shop.
It is safe to say that without our volunteer’s untiring and selfless service, we would not be able to provide the quality of service that our visitors so richly deserve.
The Museum is always in need of a helping hand. Volunteer positions are open to all individuals with the interest and a commitment to enhancing the Army Aviation Museum and the preservation of our heritage. Volunteers are selected without reference to race, color, religion, sex or age. However, volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Volunteers, who maintain a specified minimum time commitment, are eligible to receive benefits such as discounts at our Museum Gift Shop and invitations to special events. In addition, the Volunteer Corps elects one member to represent them at Foundation Executive Committee and Board Meetings.